The topic tree allows you to monitor topics that are used on the broker.
To enable topic tree, go to the Settings tab of the Managemtn Center UI and activate a respective switch there.
Topic tree data
The topic tree updates in real-time and shows the following information:
- topic hierarchy
- number of sub topics (first number)
- number of messages in a sub tree (second number)
If you select a node from the topic tree, some more details are displayed in the section on the right:
- Name: the name of the (sub) topic
- Topic: the whole topic
- Created: time and date when the topic was created (i.e., when the first message was send to this topic)
- QoS: the Quality of Service
- Retain: whether the message is retained or not
- Sub topics: number of sub topics
- Total messages: number of messages received at this topic
- Payload: the payload of the last message received at this topic
If you have Topic Tree REST API enabled a red button for clearing the topic tree will appear in the top right corner of the Topic Tree Page.