Version 2.3 of the Mosquitto Management Center (MMC) introduces the new User Management feature. With this you can configure different users for the Management Center and assign roles like "admin", "editor" and "viewer" to restrict or give access to specific features.
User Management includes:
- User Management through the Web UI
- User Group Management through the Web UI
- User Management REST API
- User Group Management REST API
Enable User Management
To enable the User Management feature, make sure you are using the Pro Edition of Mosquitto and that you have the feature enabled in your license. Also, ensure that your config file (specified with
CEDALO_MC_PROXY_CONFIG environmental variable or by default saved in
management-center/config/config.json) contains the following entry inside of the
On start-up, the Management Center will print a message that the
user-management plugin is enabled and loaded into the console:
Loaded plugin: "cedalo_user_management" (Cedalo User Management)
First navigate to the user management by selecting the "User Management" menu entry from the left main menu.
Then click on the Button "New User", which will open the following page:
Fill out the form and click on "Save" to create the new user.
The new user should show up in the overview list:
First go to the detail view of the user that you want to edit.
In this view, click on the "Edit" button to activate the edit mode. After that you can edit the password of the user and add or remove roles. To apply the changes to the user click the "Save" button.
First go to the overview page of all users. Then in order to delete a user click on the trash icon next to the user that you want to delete. Confirm the following confirmation dialog and the user will be deleted from the system.
Available user roles
Currently the following user roles are available:
- Admin: has full rights to the Management Center, e.g., to access the user management
- Editor: has editing rights, e.g., to create new broker connections
- Viewer: has limited rights, e.g., to view the dashboard, the topic tree, and clients inspect page
- Connection Manager: has rights to only to the Connections REST API. Can create and delete connections. In terms of UI it can see the systopic (main overview page) and a topic tree.
- Monitoring Viewr: has rights to view only the Monitoring REST API. In terms of UI it can see the systopic (main overview page) and a topic tree.